Thursday, May 2, 2013

DREAM act passes House in MN!

The DREAM act is on the verge of reality and it restores my faith in MN that's almost reality here. See this news article for updates.

http://m.startribune.com/news/?id=205638851&c=y

I remember attending a meeting with other educators about advocating for the DREAM act in MN - 15 years ago! There were undocumented students there working hard on the issue. Since it took 15 years to get this far - I wonder where they are now? Did they get a chance at their dream? I think about what I'm advocating for now- fair testing, equal access, quality communication with families, all educators taking responsibility for ELLs learning, and much more. what if it takes 15 years? What factors and actions can speed up this process? How does change happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment